Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gluten Free, Kosher, Brown Rice Crispy Bars for your ADD kid and self!



If I believed in titles I am sure my son would test in as an ADD kid. He is pretty spirited and doesn't ever seem to stop..... Paul's dad is an adult diagnosed with ADHD and I would say Paul struggles with symptoms as well. We met with Ash's teachers about a month ago and they mentioned that they thought he may have A.D.D. & O.D.D.....again with the titles. So, I finally did what I've known for some time now that I should do, cut out the gluten. I have a strong gluten sensitivity and was a crazy hyperactive child with some definite oppositional deficiency in me... so maybe Ash has an allergy too. Since I don't really have the 350.00 to test him I just decided to cut it out for 4 to 6 weeks and see what happens..... 
The difference is insane! He has been free from gluten for 10 days and is like a different child. He has more control over his body and emotions... he's doing 100% better in school and stopped talking back to his teachers...he is able to fall asleep within 5 minutes and he is so much more focussed. 
I decided to make him a sweet treat.... an alternative to rice crispy bars. These are free from gluten, corn syrup and soy and he loved them! 


1-2 table spoons of unrefined coconut oil
1 bag of Elyon Kosher Gluten Free mini Marshmallows
1/2 box of Barbara's Brown Rice Crisps
DO NOT MICROWAVE YOUR FOOD :-)
In a sause pan melt coconut oil with marshmallows
Mix in rice crisps
Oil a 9x13 glass pan and smoooosh in mixture
Cool in fridge until hardened. Cut into squares and enjoy!


I am not saying every kid out there could be cured from his or her ADD but I am saying that diet has a lot to do with how we feel as adults and even more so how a child may feel. I know my child is sensitive to foods and so am I. I know that by changing my diet I have cured many health problems and improved how I feel on a daily basis. If you or a child you know is struggling with ADD or ADHD my heart goes out to you and I wish you luck...by no means do I mean for this post to be an offense.  I would encourage you however to look into changing your/his or her diet as an option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment